Seven Oaks History
In the late 1940s Orvis E. Dunham built the building he called Dunham's Motor Court.
"Orvis E. and Adella Dunham came from Saratoga Springs, NY to Bath County in 1917. From 1928 until 1947, Orvis owned the Warm Springs Inn. After selling that , he built Dunham's Motor Court, across from the old Warm Springs School. Among his avocations was an affinity for scrapbook keeping. A dozen of these from the 1930s through the 1960s were bequeathed to the Bath County Historical Society."
Information reprinted with permission from Images of America - Bath County Virginia. To obtain a copy of the book, or for additional information on Bath County history, please go to the Bath County Historical Society web site.
Early postcard of Dunham's Motor Lodge. "Located three fourths of a mile south of the Famous Warm Springs Pools on Route 220 near junction of Rt. 39. Elevation 2380 feet."